Convenient Counseling Services Available for All of Arkansas
The Compass Family Counseling team is committed to offering accessible therapy solutions, and online counseling sessions allow us to extend our services outside of Central Arkansas to residents of the entire state. While online therapy services are still relatively new to many clients, our knowledgeable counselors make the process easy and stress free. You can read more about online therapy for Arkansas residents on this page. Don’t hesitate to reach out to our team if you want to learn more.
Is Online Therapy as Effective as In-Person Therapy?
Like any specific approach to counseling, online therapy may not be the ideal option for every client, but our counselors have the knowledge and skill to provide these services and help you achieve your therapy goals just as we would with in-office counseling sessions. There are many reasons you may want to consider scheduling your therapy session online, including:
- Convenience – if you’re trying to fit therapy into an already busy schedule, not having to worry about a commute to and from the therapist’s office can make a big difference.
- Privacy – since you can receive therapy anywhere, there’s no need to have uncomfortable conversations to explain where you’re going to your boss, coworker, or even friends and family members. Instead, you can keep your private information to yourself.
- Comfort – some clients find that having therapy sessions online from home is actually more comfortable, allowing them to feel safe sharing more openly than they did at the office.
- Accessibility – many smaller towns and rural communities in Arkansas don’t have therapists who can meet the counseling needs of all residents. If you live in an area that doesn’t have many therapists, working with Compass Family Counseling online can give you more options.
- Safety – during the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic, we began utilizing online therapy sessions more frequently in order to ensure patients had access to counseling resources without unnecessary health risks.
Is Online Therapy Private & Secure?
You may have used FaceTime or Zoom to connect with family or meet with coworkers, and while these services offer relatively safe and secure video chat access, they don’t necessarily have the level of security we need to ensure your therapy session information is kept private. We use a platform that meets or exceeds the standards of privacy and security set by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). That means your session will be just safe and private as it would be if you visit our practice. In addition to using a secure video chat platform, our therapists also use private internet networks and devices that are password protected to ensure your privacy. We hold our online therapy sessions from locations where we can limit access by outside parties. If you take the same steps on your end, your private therapy sessions will stay private.
How Does Online Therapy Work?
Many of our clients are worried that their online counseling sessions will be difficult to set up, but we use a simple, easy to navigate telehealth platform. To access your virtual therapy session, you won’t need to download any special software. You will just need a computer, tablet, or smartphone with internet access, a camera, and a microphone. Using your device, simply click on the link sent by your therapist. Then, enter your name when prompted to let your therapist know you’re in their virtual waiting room. Your counselor will start the meeting, and you can speak face-to-face just like you would in person.
Who Offers Online Therapy
Our skilled clinicians have the knowledge and skill to partner with clients to achieve their goals whether they’re meeting online or in person. Learn more about our counselors who offer online therapy by clicking the links below:
- Get to Know Dan
- Get to Know Betsy
- Also offers online therapy for Florida residents
- Get to Know Janelle
- Get to Know Shannan
- Get to Know Sarah
- Get to Know Marty
We made setting up a therapy session with one of our skilled and qualified therapists as easy as possible, offering you three simple contact options:
#1 Call us at 501-291-3732
#2 Click here to fill out and submit our 'Contact Us' form
#3 Email us at [email protected]
When you call, one of our team members will discuss your appointment request and gather any necessary information to direct you to the best counselor to address your individual needs and schedule a consultation call. If you email us or submit a contact request form, we will call you within 24-hours to setup a consultation with a therapist who will be ready to serve you. Either way, we’re happy to chat with you to answer questions and help you schedule your therapy sessions.