Men are facing many needs and expectations in the 21st century and are experiencing increasing levels of anxiety – frequently work or relationship related. This anxiety, and the unique, challenging functional requirements guys deal with today, typically lead to the following kinds of troubles, typically seen in therapists’ offices today:
- ANGER (IN RELATIONSHIPS, THE OFFICE, DRIVING).
- STRESS (FREQUENTLY WORK RELATED; AND GENERALLY BROUGHT ON BY PROBLEMS OR SENSATIONS OF IRRITATION, AGGRAVATION, AND ANGER).
- WORK ISSUES (PROCRASTINATION, AVOIDANCE, ANGER).
- ADDICTIONS (ALCOHOL, SEXUAL, PORNOGRAPHY, VIDEO/INTERNET, ETC).
- DEPRESSION (FREQUENTLY EXPRESSED AS ABSENCE OF MOTIVATION OR SIMPLY BEING “STUCK”).
- RELATIONSHIP ISSUES (ISSUES WITH A SPOUSE OR GIRLFRIEND, BOSS OR EMPLOYEE, OR A CLOSE FRIEND).